Farmhouse Pot Holder Crochet Pattern
The Farhouse Pot Holder crochet pattern works up so quick and easy! It uses 2 basic crochet stitches and 2 strand of cotton yarn held together so it’s beginner friendly and can be finished in less than an hour! The Farmhouse Pot Holder makes for a great gift for house warmings, weddings, or holidays, but it’s also a best seller at markets and online!
This is my favorite type of pattern, one that works up super quick and is also super easy! The Farmhouse Pot Holder works up in less than 30 minutes, uses minimal supplies, and is beginner friendly! These are perfect for gifts, selling at markets or online, or just making for your own home! They’re not only beautiful with the fun textured design, but they’re also practical and useful around the kitchen!
The Farmhouse Pot Holder uses 2 strands of 100% Cotton held together. This will create a thick cloth perfect for hot dishes! The finished size is approximately 7″ x 7″ but the pattern can easily be adjusted for any size!
Continue reading below to hear my inspiration for this pattern and to learn more about the yarn I used, then scroll down for the written pattern!
Not ready to make this pattern just yet? Save it to Pinterest so you can find it when you’re ready!
Follow along with the video tutorial on YouTube!
● This pattern uses the Even Moss Stitch. The Even Moss Stitch is created by working a SL ST into the first ST, then a HDC in the next. Repeat until the end of the row. For the next row you will repeat the same pattern, working the SL ST into the previous SL ST and the HDC into the previous HDC. This will create a beautifully textured piece.
●Work SL STs loosely especially the first and last one of each row to ensure your piece doesn’t cinch at the ends.
● Size adjustments can easily be made by making your starting CH longer or shorter. Be sure to always CH an even number.
● Beginning chains do not count as stitches throughout the whole pattern.
● The number in parenthesis at the end of each round represents the total number of stitches to be worked in each round.
● Repeat instructions between asterisks (*) until the end of each round
● Medium (4) Weight Cotton Yarn (I used: Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Cotton)
You will hold 2 strands together and will need a total of 1.75 oz / 90 yards
● Hook: 6.50 mm (K)
● Yarn Needle
Abbreviations (US Terms)
ST(s) – Stitch(es)
SL ST – Slip Stitch
CH – Chain
HDC – Half Double Crochet
10 stitches by 12 rows in Even Moss Stitch (SL ST in 1st ST, HDC in next) = 4”by 4” square.
Adjust hook size up or down to meet gauge.
Row 1: SL ST into 2nd CH from hook. *HDC in next ST, SL ST into next* repeat across. CH 1. Turn. (19)
Rows 2-22: SL ST in 1st ST. *HDC in next ST, SL ST in next* repeat across. CH 1. Turn. (19)
SL ST into same ST. Tie off and weave in ends.
And you’re all done! I hope you enjoyed this crochet pattern! Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook and Instagram & tag me in your photos so I can see your finished creations! Check out the link below for the video tutorial of this pattern and be sure to subscribe to my channel!
You are free to sell the items you make with this crochet pattern, and I’d love if you could please credit The Turtle Trunk as the pattern designer. You do not have permission to republish or distribute this pattern in any way or claim it as your own. Do not use my photos in your sale listings or for any other purposes. Thank you.
This page includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase from these links, I may make a small commission at no cost to you! Thank you for your support!