Cauliflower Crochet Pattern
This cauliflower crochet pattern is a quick, beginner friendly pattern, that uses minimal supplies! This pattern is available for FREE on my blog or you can follow along with the video tutorial on my YouTube Channel! You can also find a printable, PDF version in my Etsy Shop!
This cauliflower is the 14th pattern for the Pregnancy Progress Project! A cauliflower is approximately 2 lbs, the same size as a baby at 27 weeks of pregnancy! Not only is this a cute addition for tracking your pregnancy, it would also make an adorable toy for your kids or pets!
● The main body is worked in the round and joined with a SL ST at the end of each round. SL ST to the first ST of the previous round and CH 2. The leaf is not joined at the end of each round. Use a stitch marker to keep proper stitch count.
● When working the rounds with the bobble stitches, the ‘wrong side’ of your work will be facing you. When you move to the rounds using SC, you will turn your piece around so that the ‘right side’ is facing the you.
● Repeat instructions given between asterisks (*) until the end of each round
● The number in parenthesis at the end of each round states the total number of stitches for that round
● Final size is approximately 6 inches
● Medium (4) Weight Yarn in White and Green
● Hook: 4.00 mm (G) & 5.00 mm (H)
● Polyester Fiber Fill for stuffing
● 2 10 mm Safety Eyes (optional)
● Black embroidery or crochet thread for mouth (optional)
● Stitch Marker
● Yarn Needle
Abbreviations/Stitches (US Terms)
ST – Stitch
SL ST – Slip Stitch
CH – Chain
SC – Single Crochet
SC2TOG –Single Crochet Two Together
HDC – Half Double Crochet
DC – Double Crochet
TR – Triple/Treble Crochet
Bobble – Start with a CH 2, *yarn over and insert hook into same ST, pull up a loop, yarn over pull through two loops*, repeat ** until 5 loops are on your hook. Yarn over and pull through all 5 loops. If working the next bobble into the same ST, SL ST into the same ST then work your next bobble. If the next bobble is going into the next ST, SL ST into the next ST then work the bobble.
Main Body (with white & 5.00 mm hook)
Magic Circle, CH 2
Round 1: Bobble x5 inside circle (5)
Round 2: 2 Bobbles in each ST (10)
Round 3: *1 Bobble in the 1st ST, 2 Bobbles in the next* (15)
Round 4: *1 Bobble in the 1st 2 STs, 2 Bobbles in the next* (20)
Round 5: *1 Bobble in the 1st 3 STs, 2 Bobbles in the next* (25)
Add eyes between rounds 1 & 2 and smile centered between using the crochet thread to make a ‘V’ shape.
Round 6: SL ST to first ST of previous round, CH 1 and turn your work so that the ‘right side’ (the bobbles) are facing out. SC in each ST around (25)
Round 7: *SC in the 1st 3 STs, SC2TOG* (20)
Round 8: *SC in the 1st 2 STs, SC2TOG* (15)
Round 9: *SC in the 1st ST, SC2TOG* (10)
Round 10: SC2TOG x5 (5)
Tie off leaving 6” tail. Weave tail end through the last 5 STs, pull tight, and secure with a few knots. Hide tail into cauliflower. Move onto the leaf.
Leaf ( with green & 4.00 mm hook)
Magic Circle, CH 1
Round 1: SC x 7 inside circle (7)
Round 2: 2 SC in each ST (14)
Round 3: *1 SC in 1st ST, 2 SC in next* (21)
Round 4: *1 SC in 1st 2 STs, 2 SC in next* (28)
Round 5: *1 SC in 1st 3 STs, 2 SC in next* (35)
Round 6: *1 SC in 1st 4 STs, 2 SC in next* (42)
Round 7: *SC, SC, HDC, HDC, DC, DC, TR, TR, DC, DC, HDC, HDC, SC, SC* Repeat 2 more times.
Round 8: *SC, SC, HDC, HDC, DC, DC, 2 TR, 2 TR, DC, DC, HDC, HDC, SC, SC* Repeat 2 more times.
Tie off leaving long, 20” tail. Place main body on top of the leaf and sew the leaf to the bottom on the main body. Leaving the tips of the leaves untouched, trying sewing only around round 6 of the leaf and round 6 of the main body.
And you are all done! I hope you enjoyed the pattern for this cauliflower amigurumi! Be sure to show off your finished veggie on Instagram and don’t forget to tag me!
You are free to sell the items you make with this crochet pattern, and I’d love if you could please credit The Turtle Trunk as the pattern designer. You do not have permission to republish or distribute this pattern in any way or claim it as your own. Do not use my photos in your sale listings or for any other purposes. Thank you.
This page includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase from these links, I may make a small commission at no cost to you! Thank you for your support!