Honeydew Crochet Pattern
This crochet honeydew is a quick, beginner friendly pattern, that uses minimal supplies! This pattern is available for FREE on my blog or you can follow along with the video tutorial on my YouTube Channel! You can also find a printable, PDF version in my Etsy Shop!
The honeydew is the 22nd pattern for the Pregnancy Progress Project! A honeydew is approximately the same weight as a baby at 35 weeks of pregnancy! Not only is this a cute addition for tracking your pregnancy, they would also make an adorable toy for your kids or pets!
● Pattern is worked in rows. The beginning chain does not count as a stitch throughout the pattern.
● Repeat instructions given between asterisks (*) until the end of each row or until instructed
● The number in parenthesis at the end of each row states the total number of stitches to be worked in that row
● This pattern is worked the same as the cantaloupe pattern, with the Honeydew being made just slightly larger. Size can be adjusted by changing the length of the original chain. Be sure your chain starts as an odd number. The peel will need to be adjusted accordingly.
● Medium (4) Weight Yarn
Green (25 yards) & Cream (25 yards)
● Hook: 4.00 mm (G)
● Polyester Fiber Fill for stuffing
● 2 10 mm Safety Eyes (optional)
● Black embroidery or crochet thread for mouth (optional)
● Yarn Needle
Abbreviations/Stitches (US Terms)
ST(s) – Stitch(es)
CH – Chain
SL ST – Slip Stitch
SC – Single Crochet
SC2TOG – Single Crochet Two Together
HDC – Half Double Crochet
Honeydew Flesh (Make 2)
Row 1: HDC in 3rd CH from the hook. HDC in each ST across (17)
Row 2: CH 2 and turn. HDC in next ST. *2 HDC in next ST, HDC in next ST.* Repeat ** across. (25)
Row 3: CH 2 and turn. *HDC in next 2 STs, 2 HDC in next ST.* Repeat ** until 1 ST remains. HDC in last ST. (33)
Row 4: CH 2 and turn. *HDC in next 3 STs, 2 HDC in next* Repeat ** until 1 ST remains. HDC in last ST. (41)
Row 5: CH 2 and turn. *HDC in next 4 STs, 2 HDC in next* Repeat ** until 1 ST remains. HDC in last ST. (49)
● After the first side is done. Tie off and make the second.
● After the second side is done, do not tie off. Place the second side on top of the first and SC the pieces together, working 1 SC in each ST along the top. Tie off leaving the bottom open. (cantaloupe photo below is used for reference). Optional: add the safety eyes and use the crochet threat to create a smile.
Row 1: SC in 2nd CH from hook. (1)
Row 2: CH 1 and turn. Work 2 SC in ST. (2)
Row 3: CH 1 and turn. 2 SC in each ST. (4)
Row 4: CH 1 and turn. 2 SC in 1 ST. SC in next 2 STs. 2 SC in last ST. (6)
Row 5: CH 1 and turn. SC in each ST across. (6)
Row 6: CH 1 and turn. 2 SC in 1 ST. 1 SC in next 4 STs. 2 SC in last ST. (8)
Row 7: SC in each ST across. (8)
Rows 8-43: Repeat Row 7 (8)
Row 44: CH 1 and turn. SC2TOG in 1st 2 STs. SC in next 4 STs. SC2TOG in last 2 STs. (6)
Row 45: SC in each ST across. (6)
Row 46: CH 1 and turn. SC2TOG in 1st 2 STs. SC in next 2 STs. SC2TOG in last 2 STs. (4)
Row 47: CH 1 and turn. SC2TOG x 2 (2)
Row 48: CH 1 and turn. SC2TOG (1)
Row 49: CH 1 and turn. SL ST in last ST.
● Do not tie off. SC the peel to the bottom of the flesh, working 1 SC in each ST of the flesh and each row of the peel. Stuff with Polyester Fiber Fil before closing. There should be a total of 98 SC worked around.
And you are all done! I hope you enjoyed the pattern for this crochet honeydew! Be sure to show off your finished fruit on Instagram and don’t forget to tag me!
You are free to sell the items you make with this crochet pattern, and I’d love if you could please credit The Turtle Trunk as the pattern designer. You do not have permission to republish or distribute this pattern in any way or claim it as your own. Do not use my photos in your sale listings or for any other purposes. Thank you.
This page includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase from these links, I may make a small commission at no cost to you! Thank you for your support!